Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vera51401

"Did you own or control a foreign bank account, trust or financial asset in 2023?" If I have a foreign credit card but don't use it, there is 0 on it. Should I answer no?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

"Did you own or control a foreign bank account, trust or financial asset in 2023?" If I have a foreign credit card but don't use it, there is 0 on it. Should I answer no?

You should answer no.  A credit card is not a bank account, trust, or financial asset.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vera51401

Thank you for your fast response. It turns out I also have a debit card in a foreign bank. It was a card where my university scholarship would go. The last transaction was made in August 2019. I'm still able to put money on it, I just never use this bank account. In that case, should I still report that I have a foreign bank account? Thank you.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You should enter "yes" since you do have a foreign bank account. It won't affect your income tax in any way though.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies