Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kyle-williams-ny
Returning Member

Deductions for an office manager working remotely for 2022 taxes after receiving an I-9

I worked as an independent contractor for a group practice of Therapists in LA while I lived in Brooklyn, NY. I worked from home and am looking for a list of possible deduction ideas and calculations. Can I deduct a portion of my rent? If so how much? Can I deduct the computer I purchased for work? Ect. THANK YOU!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Deductions for an office manager working remotely for 2022 taxes after receiving an I-9

As an independent contractor, you are not considered an employee.  This means that your income and expenses are reported on Schedule C Business Income and Expenses.  Depending on the nature of the work you performed, your expenses can vary.  

One possible expense would be a home office.  The space used as your home office must be used exclusively for business and used regularly for business.  Equipment such as your computer may be eligible as an expense, depending on whether it is used for other purposes or just work.  

Take a look at the following TurboTax articles to learn more and see some examples of possible expenses that you may be able to claim:

What self-employed expenses can I deduct?

The Home Office Deduction

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies