Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tn222
Returning Member

Deductions & Credits, Medical expenses-(needs review) will not clear.

Despite numerous attempts to edit my medical expenses I cannot get the (needs review) to clear. Under queries that I have no response, I have tried leaving blank and I have tried putting a zero, neither helps.  I have clicked on, DONE, at the end of the segment, still no help, still the (needs review) will not clear. I rechecked all values entered, no help. 

I noticed another person reported the same exact problem on the, Medical expenses category.  

After getting frustrated with repetitive attempts to clear the, Needs review message, I continued onward with my return and in the final review of my return, there were no errors found and I went ahead and submitted my return in. I had forgotten about skipping the Medical expense issue, so I am now attempting to correct the issue to see if an amendment is needed.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, you don't need to amend your tax return if the information that you entered for your medical expenses is correct. 

You passed the final review, that is the part that is important. Sometimes the way the deduction summary looks, doesn't update even when you are done with the section. 

Usually this type of problem can be fixed by updating the program, if you are using TurboTax Desktop, or clearing browser cookies and cache if you are working online. Click here for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tn222
Returning Member

I am pleased I don't have to amend my return, but there seems to be numerous people on the forum that have complained about this very issue of the (needs review) remaining in view. This problem needs to be resolved to prevent people like myself wasting frustrating time trying to figure out what was done wrong. 

Fyi: I did notice that the amount entered for the Medicare premium on the SS-1099 form section is automatically populated in the Medical expenses queries. So, the, (needs review) will remain, regardless if nothing was entered in this category. So, perhaps after reviewing all the queries there should be a box to check, stating: I agree, standard deduction is best for me, or something similar, that would clear the ( needs review) on the Medical expenses, category.

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies