Deduction taken out twice

Tristandauod

Deduction taken out twice

I filed my taxes through turbotax, but I didn't see a way to pay what I owed. So, I paid my balance directly through the irs. Then, turbotax charged my bank account again, for the same amount I already paid. Should I dispute the extra, identical charge through turbotax or my bank? Thanks!

drbartoes

Deduction taken out twice

My guess would be through the bank, since they issued the card and it is to them that you pay the bill.

I tried to pay fo the State tax software so I could file electronically, but always got stuck on the 'how to pay' page.  Ultimately I printed the state return and sent via the USPS and filed the Federal separately, via e-filing with no issue.  My guess is that TTax either has poorly designed software or doesn't want to make it easy to get an answer (I waited over 5 hours when I had a different question).  I would dispute it through the bank because they wiull also have the initial payment.

Tristandauod

Deduction taken out twice

Thanks for the reply! I'll try the bank tomorrow morning.