Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ptkt3860
Returning Member

Colorado refundable credits 2023

In 2022 we received a refundable credit of 850 dollars on line 11 of Colorado state form 104CR. It’s an income qualified senior housing income tax credit. This year we’re getting 1600 back but I can’t tell why? In state tax summary it just list’s refundable credit. When I pull Colorado form 104CR up online line 11 for 2022 states as above. The same form for 2023 lists salt parity ? I see nothing on the form listing the senior housing credit. I just need to know if it’s correct. I won’t be able to see the actual form until I file. 
thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

You can look at the forms before you file.

Go into your account

Select TAX TOOLS on the left sidebar

Select TOOLS from that drop-down

Select "View Tax Summary" on the TOOLS CENTER screen

Click on "Preview my 1040" on the left sidebar

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ptkt3860
Returning Member

Yep thanks done that only listing under state tax summary is refundable credits and the amount. I need to know why?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

It does not appear that Colorado renewed the senior housing income tax credit for 2023 (it's not on the 2023 104CR anyway).

"Salt parity" means that Colorado decided to help you out if your Schedule A deduction were reduced by the federal cap on State and Local Taxes (hence SALT) of $10,000, which had a negative effect on taxpayers who paid a lot in state and local taxes.

"I won’t be able to see the actual form until I file" - more accurately, you won't be able to see the form until you pay. As you can imagine, allowing taxpayers to see their completed return without paying is not a good business model.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The income qualified senior housing income tax credit was evidently only available in 2022. The $1600 is probably the state sales tax credit available to full-time CO residents in 2023.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies