Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

indianpeaks
Returning Member

Colorado Form DR 1322 Energy Efficiency Tax Credit

I claimed the energy efficiency tax credit on my Colorado Income Tax Return. I filled out Colorado form DR 1322 certifying my eligibility for the tax credit. However, I then e-filed my Colorado return. Since Turbo Tax doesn't provide a way to attach form DR 1322 to my return, what should I do? Do I need to amend by Colorado Tax Return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Form DR 1322 should have been printed and mailed with your tax return but, since you've already e-filed your Colorado state return, you should contact their Department of Revenue for submission guidance.  See Contact Us By Phone

Colorado Form DR 1322, Heat Pump System or Heat Pump Water Heater Eligibility Certification and Assignment Election, is a document that requires signatures, and therefore can't be submitted with an electronically-transmitted return.  You're supposed to print and mail your return to claim the Refundable Heat Pump Credit.

See DR 1322 - Heat Pump System or Heat Pump Water Heater Eligibility Certification and Assignment Electi... for more information.

The credit is claimed on line 14 of Form 104CR, Individual Credit Schedule 2023, which is supported by TurboTax. 

To mail Form DR 104 and all attachments:

With a payment, send to:

COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

Denver, CO 80261-0006

Without a payment, send to:

COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

Denver, CO 80261-0005

indianpeaks
Returning Member

Thank you for your help.

I was able to submit DR 1322 directly via https://tax.colorado.gov/e-filer-attachments. Hopefully, they will accept the electronic version of my signature. We'll see.

Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies