brigra90

Colorado charitable contribution limit if federal Schedule A was filed?

In Nov 2022 I received a letter from the Colorado Dept of Revenue for my 2018 filing regarding excessive charitable contributions: there is a limit of $500 if a federal Schedule A was filed, and they obtained information from my federal filing that a Schedule A in fact was filed by turbotax (I think it appears under my federal paperwork which would have been electronically submitted). It may be that turbotax was inconsistent in how they handled the submission and documentation of charitable contributions between federal and state submissions. Has anyone else seen this issue?
NCperson

@brigra90 - look at your 2018 federal tax return (presumably you have a copy).  How much is listed as charitable contributions on Schedule A?  suggest starting there.