Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check this entry: Business miles must be greater than zero

I'm using TurboTax Home and Business. I have an LLC that was active several years ago, and I used to deduct business miles for my car. The LLC is still a legal entity, but for the last two years, it has had no activity (no income, no expenses) and I have not driven any business miles. When starting my taxes, I clicked through the business section and told TurboTax about the LLC having no income, no expenses, and thought I was good. However SmartCheck was not happy about my car, and brought me to the "Car and Truck Expenses Worksheet." It wanted me to fill in total mileage driven and how much of that was for the business. I obliged and tell it, and put in 0 for "Number of business miles from 01/01/22 thru 06/30/22" as well as 0 for "Number of business miles from 07/01/22 thru 12/31/22." SmartCheck is saying that one of these must be greater than zero. But I drove 0 business miles in 2022, so I don't know how to answer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I had the same problem. You can plug in 1 mile (in just one of the boxes) to get it to let you proceed. 

In my case, I just deleted the car. If I use the car next year, I'll just have to manually re-enter it again, instead of the getting the automatic  transfer from 2022 TT. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

I had the same problem. You can plug in 1 mile (in just one of the boxes) to get it to let you proceed. 

In my case, I just deleted the car. If I use the car next year, I'll just have to manually re-enter it again, instead of the getting the automatic  transfer from 2022 TT. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried putting "1" in the one of the boxes but it suddenly make TurboTax thing I needed to include Schedule C with the return, so I went with the option of deleting the vehicle instead, and it seems happy with that. Cheers, and thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies