Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cardiac Rehab deduction

Are the monthly payments for Cardiac Rehab deductible?

If so, where would I enter this expense?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Cardiac Rehab deduction

If your Cardiac Rehab payments are for doctor approved medical treatments, then you will be able to deduct these as medical expenses. (You can enter them as Medical Facility Fees.)

However, all your medical expenses combined would need to be more than 10% of your AGI (7.5% if you are over 65) or you will not be able to deduct any of these medical expenses. TurboTax will guide you on entering all of your medical expenses so include everything you paid out-of-pocket including prescriptions, glasses, dentist bills, etc.

Here is a link for more information:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Tax-Deductions-and-Credits/-Can-I-Claim-Medical-Expen...

Please note that if all your itemized deductions are below the standard deduction, TurboTax will choose the larger standard deduction on your tax return.

• To enter this transaction in TurboTax, log into your tax return and type "medical expenses, sch a" in the search bar then select "medical expenses, sch a". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

Additionally, you can enter your medical expense in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab
  2. Next click on “Deductions & Credits”
  3. Next click on "jump to full list" or “I’ll choose what I work on”
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Medical”
  5. Choose "show more", then Medical Expenses and follow the onscreen instructions  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DS30

Cardiac Rehab deduction

If your Cardiac Rehab payments are for doctor approved medical treatments, then you will be able to deduct these as medical expenses. (You can enter them as Medical Facility Fees.)

However, all your medical expenses combined would need to be more than 10% of your AGI (7.5% if you are over 65) or you will not be able to deduct any of these medical expenses. TurboTax will guide you on entering all of your medical expenses so include everything you paid out-of-pocket including prescriptions, glasses, dentist bills, etc.

Here is a link for more information:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Tax-Deductions-and-Credits/-Can-I-Claim-Medical-Expen...

Please note that if all your itemized deductions are below the standard deduction, TurboTax will choose the larger standard deduction on your tax return.

• To enter this transaction in TurboTax, log into your tax return and type "medical expenses, sch a" in the search bar then select "medical expenses, sch a". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

Additionally, you can enter your medical expense in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab
  2. Next click on “Deductions & Credits”
  3. Next click on "jump to full list" or “I’ll choose what I work on”
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Medical”
  5. Choose "show more", then Medical Expenses and follow the onscreen instructions  

Cardiac Rehab deduction

Thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies