Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CMG414

Cannot e-file returns

Receiving a message to correct some errors in my return in order to e-file.  These "errors" are not correctable.  Everytime I try to adjust it doesn't accept.   The most probematic one is regarding depreciation deductions for car for business.  It keeps saying the Section 179 expense is too large.  If I change it to zero, it does not allow for any depreciation expense for my car. This is the second year for this car, worked fine last year no problem.  So if I manually enter my depreciation expense for 2023 it boots me out of efiling.  This is an error bug in the Turbo Tax program.  Another error occurs in completing Form 1116.  There is a box checked which I do not want checked, cannot remove the check, and it works to limit my foreign tax credit amount.  I completed this form last year and the year prior and did not have any issues.  Turbo Tax needs to do a better job of testing the latest version before it goes live with it to the public.  Extremely disappointed with Turbo Tax this year...and I have been using this product for over 20 years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies