Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

max7

Can not find the Business Deduction section. How do I get to BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS like mileage and office supplies?

I can not find the Business Deduction section. When I get into the Business income and expenses section. Both buttons  take me to  the Lets gather your business info screen.  This screen info is completed and at the bottom is a button for NEXT BUSINESS SECTION. It takes me to personal deductions.   How do I get to BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS like mileage and office supplies? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

Can not find the Business Deduction section. How do I get to BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS like mileage and office supplies?

If you are using the CD/Download version TurboTax Home & Business, when you are at the Let's Gather Your Business Info screen, click UPDATE instead of Next Business Section.  See the sample screenshot attached.

If some business information has been set up you may get the screen titled Here's What We Have so Far and your business should be listed.  Click EDIT for your business you want to update. 

You should then be brought to a Summary screen for your business where options to start/update different sections will be listed.  You should see an option for Business Profile, Import Business Information, Business Income, and Business Expenses in addition to others. See the sample screenshot

Select Start Business Income to enter your income information.  Once done entering income, select continue or done and then you will be brought back to this summary listing where you can then select to enter Business Expenses

This summary screen lists all the options for this business to be filed on one Schedule C.  When completely done entering all the business activity, scroll down to Continue. You will be asked some questions about that business through several screens and then you will be brought back to "Here's the Business Info We Have So Far" where you could then Add Another Business if needed.  Otherwise, select Done.  And then you will end up back at the Let's Gather Your Business Info screen where you can select Next Business Section and this will move you to another form in your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies