Solved: Can my daughter deduct medical expenses and health insurance premiums even though I paid these expenses?

jyoung3572

Can my daughter deduct medical expenses and health insurance premiums even though I paid these expenses?

RichardG

No.  You can only deduct expenses you actually paid for.  If you gave her the money and she used it to pay these bills, then she could deduct them, but not you.  

Keep in mind that unless you are claiming your daughter as a dependent, you cannot deduct medical expenses you paid on her behalf.

RichardG