Solved: Can I qualify for office space deduction using 1 room and 1/2 of the garage in my dads house that I live and so some work in?

Can I qualify for office space deduction using 1 room and 1/2 of the garage in my dads house that I live and so some work in?

I pay no rent but live with my dad

No.  In order to be able to claim a home office space, you must be own the home or you must be a tenant who pays rent.

You can deduct the cost of equipment you buy to be able to do your work and you can deduct your car mileage that is necessary and ordinary to produce the income for your work, as well as supplies, or other costs.