m_alvare5

Can I get a Home office deduction when I am both, self-employed and employed elsewhere? I have my regular job with a W2, but I have a side business and use a home office

I have a regular office job, but I also work independently and use a Home Office for my independent work; can I deduct my home office in this case?

WillK

Yes, you can for your side business as long as the office is exclusively used for your side business. In the tax software, when you are preparing the Schedule C, you will be able to enter in your home office information and Turbo Tax will do the calculation for you. 

WillK

m_alvare5

Thank you.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~