Yes, you can deduct the parking fees while traveling for medical care under Medical Expenses.
Medical Expenses are subject to the 7.5% rule and you can only claim the excess over 7.5% of your Adjusted Gross Income.
Please note that Itemized Deductions will only "help" when they exceed your standard deduction.
For 2017, standard deductions are:
For a taxpayer under 65, not claimed as a dependent
- $6,350 for Single
- $12,700 for Married Filing Jointly, or Qualifying Widow(er) with dependent child
- $9,350 for Head of Household
- $6,350 for Married Filing Separately
- If you are over 65 or blind, add $1,250 for each instance or add $1,550 each instance if single and not a surviving spouse
In TurboTax, you can enter Medical expenses by following these steps:
- In TurboTax, open your tax return
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
- Scroll down to All Tax breaks, locate the section Medical and click on Show more
- Click Start next to Medical Expenses.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"