Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I claim the EV credit for my LLC using Turbo Tax Home & Business?

I'm filing my taxes using Turbo Tax Home and Business. I'm filing jointly and my AGI is higher than the IRS limit for the EV credit. However I purchased this vehicle for my LLC and I'd like to claim this credit for my business. I can't seem to find a way to do this using the software. 

I'm a sole proprietor of my LLC, so I'm doing a passthrough to report my taxes (not reporting a separate return for my business). 

Is there anyways I can still claim this credit? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you may be able to claim the Clean Vehicle Credit for an electric vehicle used for business. This topic appears under Deductions & Credits >> Cars and Personal Property.

Use the search box in the upper right of the TurboTax header and enter "energy efficient vehicle." Hit Enter, then click the jump-to link to go directly to that topic. As you answer the questions about your vehicle, look for the page "Tell Us More About Your Plug-In..." and check the box for "This vehicle is used for business." Enter the percentage business use in the box that appears.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don't think that quite works. I'm stuck on the page that blocks me because it thinks that my MAGI is above the limit for the credit. Once I enter my MAGI, the next page says I'm not eligible and ends the entire dialogue. I have also tried to fill out the corresponding form (8936) by hand, but Turbo tax prevents me from filling that section out as well. 

But I'm reading from IRS that I should be able to apply this as a nonrefundable credit towards my business earnings. Is there a way to do this through turbo tax? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies