Solved: Can I claim child dependent if they have a W2?

Can I claim child dependent if they have a W2?

Can I claim my 21 year old daughter who is a full time college student that also works part time and according to her W2 earned $4800 in 2019?

If the $4800 was her only income, she's not required to file a tax return of her own.  The 2019 W-2 filing threshold for a dependent is $12,200.   But if she does file in order to get a refund of any excess withholding, be sure she indicates on her own return that someone else can claim her as a dependent.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

Since she is a full time student, if no one else can claim her and she did not provide more than half of her support, you can claim her.