Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BUG (3/27/24 update): 30% Capital Gain donations are not being correctly classified

TurboTax is incorrectly classifying 30% Capital Gain Property donations as %50 percent donations. I have fixed this using the override function in the forms. Details: The worksheet for the donation correctly recognizes the donation is 30% limited but the amount is incorrectly entered in the 50% column on the Charitable Contribution Summary form which also leads the amount to be entered on the wrong line (line 6) of the Charitable Deductions Limits Worksheet.  This error would have led to a significant error in my Tax bill but fortunately I caught it.  The error appeared after installing the 3/27/23 update to Turbo Tax because when TurboTax restarted, I went from owing money to getting a refund!  I tried to fix this by deleting all of my charitable deductions and associated forms and restarting those from scratch, but the error persisted, so I was forced to override entries in the worksheets so TT would correctly compute the 30% limit and the carry over. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

BUG (3/27/24 update): 30% Capital Gain donations are not being correctly classified

I am having the same issue.   This is a serious problem.  Turbo Tax needs to fix this pronto!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies