Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AZ State Taxes issues

1.- In filing my AZ State Taxes, found the 2500. exemption for military retirement is incorrect.  Should be 100% as of Jan, 1, 2021. How do I change it, turbotax has it as 2500 and can not change it. 

2.- How to I DELETE the Estimated Income Taxes Forms completely from my tax filing, period? State and Federal.

3.- In AZ State Taxes, some sections keep coming up that does not effect my taxes but can not get pass them, so how do I deleted them or get thru them?  Here are the sections:  Small Business Income taxes (SBI) Returns. I am not a small business owner.  

Capital Gains or Losses from Assets acquired after Dec. 31, 2011. I have none and want to remove the question, etc. 

4.- How to delete the question, AZ municipal Interest question, since it does not effect me?

5. - On Federal Taxes, were does the amount on Other Income come from?  Do not see how TurboTax arrived at the amount entered.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

AZ State Taxes issues

1. "Should be 100% as of Jan, 1, 2021." - on my CD/download test, 100% of the military retirement is excluded. (1) did you set your state of residence to AZ before starting the rest of your return?), (2) On the screen after you entered the 1099-R, did you check the "Retired or retainer pay of the uniformed services of the US" on the screen with the title "Where if this distribution from?" Note that this is in the federal 1099-R interview, not in the AZ interview.

2. "How to I DELETE the Estimated Income Taxes Forms completely from my tax filing, period" - In AZ, you may have to pay estimated taxes if you made estimated tax payments in the past or if your income is at least $150,000. If they don't apply to you, just say so on the screen in the AZ interview "Estimated Taxes for 2023".

NOTE: if you don't want the estimated tax forms, just throw them away. They are not filed as part of your return, but are done as a convenience for you (and many other taxpayers).

3. "In AZ State Taxes, some sections keep coming up that does not effect my taxes but can not get pass them, so how do I deleted them or get thru them?  Here are the sections:  Small Business Income taxes (SBI) Returns." - When you are asked "Do you want to complete Form 140X-SBI?", just answer NO.

4. "How to delete the question, AZ municipal Interest question, since it does not effect (sic) me?" - We have to ask many questions, some of which will not apply to you, but all of whom apply to someone. Ignore the question and move on.

5. "On Federal Taxes, were does the amount on Other Income come from? " Other Income can come from a variety of places. On the 1040, Other Income on line 8 comes from Schedule 1, line 10. If you look at Schedule 1, you will see the reasons broken out. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies