Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Arizona Public School Tax Credit

Trying to put in the $200 I gave to an AZ public school and it is NOT showing up in my refund no matter what I do. Any help?

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Arizona Public School Tax Credit

Be sure you are reporting the school information. For the purpose of claiming Arizona’s tax credit for contributions made or certain fees paid to a public school, the Arizona Department of Revenue now requires taxpayers report the school’s County Code, Type Code, and District Code & Site Number (CTDS) number on Form 322, which is included with the Arizona income tax return.


An individual may claim a nonrefundable tax credit for making contributions or paying fees directly to a public school in this state for support of eligible activities, programs or purposes as defined by statute. The public school tax credit is claimed by the individual taxpayer on Form 322. The maximum credit allowed is $400 for married filing joint filers and $200 for single, heads of household and married filing separate filers. 


As this credit is nonrefundable, if your tax liability is already reduced to less than $200, you may not see the effect of the credit. Nonrefundable credits can reduce your tax liability to $0, but cannot increase your refund amount beyond your total withholding.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"