Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Affordable Care Act Credit

Married filing jointly. AGI $51,377 Premiums for me $9409 no advance credit. Completed info from form 1095a Turbo Tax is not showing any tax credit? What am I doing wrong? Also not showing that it will fill form 8692

3 Replies
Expert Alumni

Affordable Care Act Credit

The form 8692 is generated when you enter the Form 1095A information into TurboTax.  Here is how to enter the 1095A:

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

  1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In the upper right, search for 1095-A.
  3. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan?

You have to complete and file Form 8962 with your income tax return if any of the below applies to you.

  • You qualify for the Premium Tax Credit (PTC) for 2020, which is for those who are enrolled, or whose family member is enrolled, in a qualified health plan
  • Advance payment of the premium tax credit (APTC) was paid for you or another family member
  • APTC was paid for a person you told the Health Insurance Marketplace would be in your family, but you didn’t include that person in your return

Since you’ll need Form 1095-A to calculate your PTC, you must wait until receiving that form before you can complete Form 8962.

If you:

  • Haven’t filed your taxes yet, but received Form 1095-A, enter your 1095-A info and we'll fill in Form 8962 for you
  • Sent Form 8962 when you filed, you don't need to do anything else
  • Filed and didn’t send in Form 8962, but received a letter from the IRS requesting one, send in the form to the IRS
  • Filed, didn’t send in Form 8962, and haven’t received a letter from the IRS requesting one, don’t amend your return. You should just wait until the IRS sends you a notice requesting one

If you received a letter from the IRS requesting Form 8962 and want more info, visit:

The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 13

Affordable Care Act Credit

When entering your 1095-A, did you enter the proper amount for column B?


New Member

Affordable Care Act Credit

Hi Uncle


From long searching I think that is the issue. Thanks for responding

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies