Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

redtaz74

Advance Child Tax Credit

I have one child and we received half of the $3000 payment last year. When I look at line 28 it is showing only a $500 credit. Why am I not receiving the full $1500?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Advance Child Tax Credit

If your child does not have a Social Security number entered they will not qualify for the Child Tax Credit, but would only qualify for the Other Dependent Credit of $500.

Please review What is the Child Tax Credit? for details on the qualifications and review your dependent information in TurboTax to be sure it is accurate.  To do this in TurboTax Online, you can click on My Info in the black menu bar on the left to verify your inputs.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
redtaz74

Advance Child Tax Credit

The SS# was already entered and is listed. We received the $1500 in advance (from months July-December) and should be receiving the other $1500 in credits, yet the line is only showing $500. My spouse and I each received the Letter 6419 with Box 1= $750 which is what I listed in the correct line.  What else could be missing that is not allowing for the full $1500 credit?

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Advance Child Tax Credit

There are AGI limits on the credit.  Refer to the link I previously posted and check against your AGI.  You may need to click on "If your AGI is above these amounts" within the article.

@redtaz74

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies