Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Administrative hours work that are not or non-paid to perform this route job. about 5 hours per run, which equal to be 4 runs can I legally deduct any of this costs?

I use my cell phone to study the routes, to preform them, keep track of the work, can I deduct it? the cost?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Administrative hours work that are not or non-paid to perform this route job. about 5 hours per run, which equal to be 4 runs can I legally deduct any of this costs?

Maybe, if this is for an authorized non-profits and charitable causes. You can deduct the mileage.  There is no allowance for the time you spent.

The mileage rate for charitable deductions in 2022 and 2023 is $0.14 per mile driven. Charitable deductions are those you can deduct when you volunteer or do some sort of non-profit work.   this will be included as part of your Itemized deductions.

Deductions represent an amount of money that you can subtract from your income before it gets taxed.  There are two options for you to claim deductions.

• The Standard Deduction
    • For single taxpayers and married individuals filing separately, the standard deduction is $12,950 in 2022.
    • For married couples filing jointly is $25,900, and 
    • For heads of households, the standard deduction is $19,400.
    • If you're at least 65 years old or blind, you can claim an additional 2022 standard deduction of $1,400 ($1,750 if using the single or head of household filing status). 
    • If you're both 65 and blind, the additional deduction amount is doubled.
  • Itemized Deductions
    • You must maintain and gather records to qualify for this type of deduction.
    • Examples of Itemized Deductions include:
      • Mortgage Interest
      • Property Taxes 
      • State taxes
      • Medical bills
      • Charitable contributions
      • And a few others

If the Standard deduction is greater than the Itemized deduction, it is to your advantage to take the larger deduction.  If you elect to post whatever Itemized deductions you have, TurboTax will determine the one that is to your best advantage.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies