Solved: Adjusting the mortgage interest deduction

Adjusting the mortgage interest deduction

When I first entered my 1098s, at some point TurboTax asked me to manually calculate and enter an adjustment to my mortgage interest deduction, based upon the ReFi being over $750,000. I have now read that because the ReFi is of a mortgage that existed before Dec 2017, it is grandfathered to the full amount.

How can I change the mortgage interest deduction amount back to the full amount of the interest paid? I can't find it. I even deleted the 1098s and re-entered them but somehow TT is still holding onto my original amount.

I managed to solve this problem myself, after seeing someone else with a PC version of the software talk about going to Forms mode and editing the form directly.

I found under Tools that I could DELETE the interest deductions worksheet. This prompted TT to ask me again as part of Federal review.

Yes, you are correct! 

See below for a Video: Deducting Mortgage Interest and Property Tax to know more about the rule changes.

IRS Publication Home Mortgage Interest Deduction