Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LCAT1
Returning Member

8995A Form Line 28 Override

I have a K-1 which allows me to file Form 8995A. However, none of the income is involve in real estate or public partnership There is a value in Line 28 on my Form 8995A of a nominal amount. I cannot find any inputs that would put a value on this Line. If I override the Line  28 to "0", I cannot override the value in line 32. Can anyone tell me where to look to see where this value is coming from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

8995A Form Line 28 Override

The entry is related to the partnership.  Line 28 of IRS form 8995-A Qualified Business Income Deduction reports

Qualified REIT dividends and publicly traded partnership (PTP) income or (loss).

The value may be computed from the information reported by the publicly traded partnership.  Section 199A information is entered at the following screens: 

• Enter Box 20 Info,
  • We see you have Section 199A income, and
  • We need some information about your 199A income.

IRS Partners Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) pages 18 and 19 states: 

Code Z. Section 199A information

Generally, you may be allowed a deduction of up to 20% of your net qualified business income (QBI) plus 20% of your qualified REIT dividends, also known as section 199A dividends, and qualified PTP income from your partnership. The partnership will provide the information you need to figure your deduction. Use one of these forms to figure your QBI deduction.

1. Use Form 8995, Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation, if all of the following apply.

• a. You have QBI, section 199A dividends, or PTP income (defined below). 
  • b. Your 2022 taxable income before the QBI deduction is equal to or less than $170,050 ($340,100 if married filing jointly). 
  • c. You aren’t a patron in a specified agricultural or horticultural cooperative. 

2. Use Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction, if you don't meet all three of the above requirements. 

Use the information provided by your partnership to complete the appropriate form listed above. For definitions and more information, see the Instructions for Form 8995 or the Instructions for Form 8995-A, as appropriate.

@LCAT1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies