Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 Home flipping & resell LLC with no profit in 2023 .only 1 auction home purchase in Dec 2023 with Ownership/Deed in Feb 2024. Do I have to file LLC activity for 2023

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

2023 Home flipping & resell LLC with no profit in 2023 .only 1 auction home purchase in Dec 2023 with Ownership/Deed in Feb 2024. Do I have to file LLC activity for 2023

If you are a single member LLC reporting your income as a sole proprietor on schedule C of your personal tax return Form 1040, you don't have to report the business activity if you don't have any deductible expenses or reportable income, as it appears here. If you are a multimember LLC, you don't have to file a partnership Form 1065 if you didn't receive any income or incur any expenditures treated as deductions or credits  during the year as per the instructions for Form 1065:

I assume all of your expenses for the year are being assigned to the property acquired to be deducted against the property sale proceeds in the following year. However, if you have overhead expenses that aren't directly assignable to the property, you could report those on a business schedule schedule C or tax return in 2023.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies