Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

njudell

2021 Turbo Tax Desktop for Home & Business: incorrect self-employed LTC premium handling

I own a Subchapter S corp, my wife runs a schedule C business. I paid my LTC premiums, and my corporation reimbursed me, listing the payments on my W2. My wife paid her LTC premiums out of pocket. I listed my LTC premiums under the self-employment deduction for the K1 S, and listed my wife's premiums under her schdule C in the step-by-step, carefully listing her premiums as belonging to HER. TT entered it into the form as MY premiums for the schedule C.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

2021 Turbo Tax Desktop for Home & Business: incorrect self-employed LTC premium handling

To clarify, is the K1 self-employed income the same as what you reported on your W2 issued by the corporation or are these two separate forms of compensation?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
njudell

Sort of. The W2 for the corporation has the amounts the corporation reimbursed me. The actual self-employed income is from the K1. The issue actually isn't the corporation part at all. The bug is that in the self-guided part, when I enter my wife's LTC premiums under her schedule C - TurboTax erroneously lists it as MY LTC premiums under her LTC. I went to the smart forms and fixed this, but man - it took me a couple of hours to figure out what went wrong.

This year was a ROYAL pain, between this bug, and TT not correctly handling charitable contributions for those who take the standard deduction...  I probably ended up spending 5 hours to fix stuff that amounts to about $200 of saved taxes (but prevented filing the forms until corrected).

I REALLY hate debugging somebody else's software - I have a hard enough time with my own.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies