Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099K and deductions

I sold old (1900’s) Federal Reserve Notes in eBay and received the 1099K from PayPal. The Gross Sales amount was $8000. The face value of the notes were $7000. So I made a $1000 profit. I know that I need to show the $8000 of income on Schedule C. Where/How should I show the cost or Face Value of $7000?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

1099K and deductions

You would include your income on Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business. You will also include your costs on the same form. The income is all one lump sum from your 1099-K. You can include one lump sum of the purchases under Inventory. You would include how much they originally cost, not the face value at the time of sale.

If you have other expenses related to the income, you can include these on the line that it pertains to.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

1099K and deductions

You would include your income on Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business. You will also include your costs on the same form. The income is all one lump sum from your 1099-K. You can include one lump sum of the purchases under Inventory. You would include how much they originally cost, not the face value at the time of sale.

If you have other expenses related to the income, you can include these on the line that it pertains to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies