Connect with an expert
Do you have an Intuit account?
You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.
To enter the sale of a second home in TurboTax Online:
- Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the I'm looking for: box, type sale of second.
- In the results box, highlight sale of second home, then click GO.
- You'll land on Did you sell any investments in Year? Click Yes. (Note: If you have entered other investment sales, you'll land on Here's the investment sales info we have so far. Click +Add More Sales and proceed as described below.)
- Next, you'll see Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales? Click No.
- On the next screen, Choose the type of investment you sold. Select Second home and click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the sale of second home interview. You'll be asked questions about the home, including when and how you acquired it, when you sold it, the sale price, etc. On the Enter Second Home Sale Information screen, you'll enter information from your Form 1099-S. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)
[Edited 02.12.2018 I 11:42AM PST]
June 6, 2019 5:27 AM
Still have questions?Make a post