Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1099-S regarding sale of property

The state claimed eminent domain and forced me to sell a portion of the property at my main residence.  There is the section regarding the sale of property but this is only a portion of the property, how and where does this information get entered?
1 Reply
New Member

1099-S regarding sale of property

These are entered in the investment section of TurboTax. Follow these instructions:

  1. Open your return in TurboTax.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the search box, search for land sale (use this exact phrase) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did You Sell Any Investments in 2016? screen.
    • If you land on the Here's the investment sales info we have so far screen, click Add More Sales.
  4. Answer No to the 1099-B question.
  5. On the next screen, select Land (choose this also for inherited homes)  Click Continue.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to completion.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings