turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gmam

1099-Misc Royalties and rents

I have two 1099MISC 's one lists income from rents, one from royalties.  They are from different companies.  When I enter them as separate 1099 's, I keep getting errors including the question of number of days rents and days occupied by me.

I can't go forward until I figure out how else the program wants me to enter this very meager income (<$100).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

There is a specific interview question for entering 1099-MISC as royalty income - if you select the correct option, you will not get any questions about "days rented or days you occupied the property."

After getting to the Rental Properties and Royalty Income interview, "Add another rental or royalty"  (enter "royalty" in the Search Box and select "jump to royalty" from the search results.

See the attached screenshots as aid in navigation:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

There is a specific interview question for entering 1099-MISC as royalty income - if you select the correct option, you will not get any questions about "days rented or days you occupied the property."

After getting to the Rental Properties and Royalty Income interview, "Add another rental or royalty"  (enter "royalty" in the Search Box and select "jump to royalty" from the search results.

See the attached screenshots as aid in navigation:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies