Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1099-MISC required from foreign company?

I'm an independent contractor in the USA and earned over $600 from a company based in the UK. Do they need to provide me a 1099-MISC or do simply report the income without the form?
1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

1099-MISC required from foreign company?

Please report the income without the form; they foreign companies will not issue 1099-MISC to you. You can enter foreign income without any forms, actually. It has special data entry and it accounts for all situations of foreign income.

To enter worldwide/foreign income in Turbo Tax:

  1. Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income 
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Foreign Income and Exclusion - Answer “Yes” to “Did you make any money outside the United States?” and follow the interview questions. You will be asked to enter income from a U.S company, a foreign company, self-employment income, housing allowance, income from a Form W-2, 1099-MISC, schedule K-1 from a business or simply cash income - check the box A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash).
Privacy Settings