Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095 A form error

I have marketplace insurance with an attached 1095A form. I am my own policy holder on that insurance and I pay the monthly premium. However, I can be claimed as a dependent on my parent's taxes because they are helping support me. I don't live in the same state as my parents and I've been filing as independent but could be claimed on previous tax years. I clicked in the personal information that I could be claimed as dependent, but my parents won't be claiming me. Because I pressed that I could be claimed, TurboTax is saying that under federal taxes, the people who could claim me (but aren't claiming me) have to file my 1095A form, even though I am my own policy holder on my insurance and I pay the premium. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

1095 A form error

You correctly identified on your tax return that you could be claimed as a dependent, since, you must answer “yes” that you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return (claiming a child generally requires that they live with you for more than half the year, they don't provide more than half of their own financial support, and are under the age of 19, or under 24 if a full-time student), even if they don't claim you.

In the personal section of your TurboTax Bar, you should have seen a screen that looked something like this:

To go back to your 1095-A section in TurboTax, type "1095-A" in the search box and select Jump to 1095-A.

It will take you to this screen:

Answer "Yes" and "Continue",  That should take you to this screen where you can enter your Form 1095-A information.

If this does not resolve your issue please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions, or click here for help in contacting 

TurboTax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies