Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lambchop

WISCONSIN:So, the Social Security deduction (Fed Line 20b) does not get entered under "Wisconsin Nontaxable Income?"Want to be sure since I can not view the state form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

WISCONSIN:So, the Social Security deduction (Fed Line 20b) does not get entered under "Wisconsin Nontaxable Income?"Want to be sure since I can not view the state form.

Normally, if Social Security is not taxable in a state (as it is not in Wisconsin), then TurboTax automatically removes the taxable amount of Social Security benefits. It can do this because Social Security is specifically identified on the federal return, so it's easy to remove.

I am not sure you are aware of this, but you can see a summary of your Wisconsin return in the online version of the software. Go to My Account (top, just right of center), then Tools, then View Tax Summary. At this point, you can see your 1040 (Preview My 1040) as well as the summary of your Wisconsin return (WI Tax Summary).

Although you will have to read between the lines, by comparing the 1040 to the Wisconsin return, you may be able to determine that the taxable SS benefits were removed.

Note that once you pay for the online version of the software, you will be able to see the forms, and you can always see the forms with the desktop version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies