Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mark SK

Wisconsin 2021 Non-Resident Individual Return Preparation Question

My federal Sch D has capital gain transactions listed on lines 1a & 8a (transactions that are not required to be reported on form(s) 8949).  Theses transactions are not taxable in Wisconsin as I am a full year non-resident.  The software allows me to exclude capital gain transactions that are reported on federal Sch D lines 1b, 2 & 3, as well as lines 8b,9 & 10.  However, it does not provide the opportunity to exclude the transactions listed in federal Sch D lines 1a & 8a.  The result is the Wisconsin form WD, Capital Gains & Losses, reflects these transactions causing them to be incorrectly taxed in Wisconsin.  I'm thinking this is a software glitch and that an update is necessary.  Does anyone see it differently or is there a work around?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Wisconsin 2021 Non-Resident Individual Return Preparation Question

You are filing a Wisconsin non-resident return for other income that you have earned from Wisconsin sources, correct?  When you get to your Wisconsin return it will go through all of your income items and then give you the opportunity to exclude items that are not taxable in Wisconsin.  You should exclude all of the items that are not from Wisconsin sources according to the Wisconsin rules.

Here is an FAQ for Wisconsin non-residents.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies