Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pstanford

Why won’t TurboTax online save the amount I enter for the portion of dividends that are from U.S. government obligations?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
USGov

Why won’t TurboTax online save the amount I enter for the portion of dividends that are from U.S. government obligations?

I'm having the same issue.  When I talked to Calvin in customer service, and after extensive discussion including showing him the exact problem on my screen he advised that I needed to talk to a CPA.  He transferred me and they requested me to upgrade to Premier Live at an extra cost.  I hung up.  I went into the State tax form and entered the information manually.  Use the subtraction from Federal Taxable Income to enter the amount within the state tax form screens.  There is a software glitch in that the Federal forms are not talking to the State forms.  Turbo tax needs to fix this software problem.  I've done this for several years, and it always worked automatically.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@USGov

@pstanford

A number of questions...

1. What state are you referring to?

2. What product are you using? Online? Desktop? Basic? Deluxe? Premier? If Desktop, Windows or Mac?

3. In what box (number and description) in the Dividend interview are you entering these dividends that are from U.S. government obligations?

@USGov only: 

"I went into the State tax form and entered the information manually." Does this mean you have the desktop software? If you are using the Online software, so this mean that you printed the return and added it there?

Thanks!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BillM223
Expert Alumni

We believe that we have reproduce this issue. Please give us a bit of time to look at this.

@USGov

@pstanford

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies