Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjsc
Level 1

Why do my state tax documents NOT include Schedule B or D when printing?

When I click "print all official forms required for filing" in the app, I noticed the 2023 Ohio section does not include a copy of my Schedule B or D by default, nor does it include copies of 1099-INT/DIV/MISC.  Am I not required to submit these documents to the state of Ohio if I have already federally e-filed them?  (Note: I did exceed the amount to be required to submit Schedule B to the IRS... and it was included in the federal return, but for some reason not the state, so I am feeling a little unclear on whether it is required or not)

I'm hoping the answer is "yes they are NOT required" since TurboTax Deluxe app seems to think that is the case...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes, they are not required.   Schedule B and D are federal forms.   The information from those schedules are captured on your OH return (IT-1040).   Ohio begins with federal AGI. Additions and deductions are computed as adjustments on Ohio Schedule A.  Personal and dependent exemptions are then subtracted to arrive at the Ohio income tax base.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes, they are not required.   Schedule B and D are federal forms.   The information from those schedules are captured on your OH return (IT-1040).   Ohio begins with federal AGI. Additions and deductions are computed as adjustments on Ohio Schedule A.  Personal and dependent exemptions are then subtracted to arrive at the Ohio income tax base.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies