turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter "Investment Credit - Alabama Jobs Act" information that would go in "Part P" of 2023 Alabama Schedule OC?

TurboTax online has several parts of Alabama Schedule OC covered under its section on Alabama State tax credits.  But it does not currently have an area for Part P that covers the Investment Credit - Alabama Jobs Act.  How do I amend my e-return to include this information?  I believe this input feature needs to be added to the TurboTax Online Alabama state return form.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Where do I enter "Investment Credit - Alabama Jobs Act" information that would go in "Part P" of 2023 Alabama Schedule OC?

TurboTax does have an entry spot for that specific credit.   Page through the Alabama state credits until you come to the screen titled Let's Check for More Alabama Credits.  The next to last line item is for the AL Investment Credit.  If you click Start or Update there, you can enter all the information and TurboTax will complete Part P.    There is a screenshot of Schedule OC, Part P below.   The amending instructions are linked here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2024-03-26.pngThank you Dawn.  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to get to the screen you show in your screenshot. For reference, I am using TurboTax Deluxe online version.  I've tried doing this through both the "Guide Me" and the "I'll choose what I work on".  In either case, I never see the screen that says "Let's Check for More Alabama Credits."  Instead, I get to the screen below.  And then, when I check on "Taxes and Credits",  I get a series of specific questions, but none about the Investment Credit (one example included below.  So, I'm struggling to get to the screen you show below.  How do I get to that point?  Thank you!

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Click on Update next to Taxes and Credits from your image above, and slowly click through the screens.   The order of screens you will see is:

1. Credit for Tax Paid to another state
  2. AL Adoption
  3. Non-failing schools
  4. Donations
  5. Small Town Docs
  6. Rehab
  7. Neighborhood
  8. Dual Enrollment
  9. Renewal Act - Carryover
  10. Storm Shelter
  11. VERT - volunteer emergency responders
  12. The next screen is the screen you want.   Lets Check for More Alabama Credits - scroll down to the next to last line item.... 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you again Dawn.

I did as you suggested, and the order I see is:

1. Credit for Tax Paid to another state
  2. AL Adoption
  3. Non-failing schools
  4. Donations
  5. Small Town Docs
  6. Rehab
  7. Neighborhood
  8. Dual Enrollment
  9. Renewal Act - Carryover
  10. Storm Shelter
  11. VERT - volunteer emergency responders

2024-03-27.png

However, when I click "Continue" from the "VERT" page, it just takes me back to the page I started from "You've Finished Your Alabama Return".  For some reason, I do not get the "Lets Check for More Alabama Credits" page after VERT.  At this point, I'll probably just fill out my Amended return by hand.  Thank you for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies