turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When filing state returns, do I need to include Partnership income (loss) both within the Schedule K-1 and within the Federal vs. State section??

I have multiple Schedules K-1 with income from real estate investments located in different states. 

I noticed that when I go through the State Return within TT Online (e.g. Arizona, California and North Dakota) there are two different places where I am asked about income from partnerships, as follows:

1. As part of entering / updating my Schedule K1, I have already specified all the income/deductions/adjustments attributed to the state in question. 

2. In addition to the schedule K-1 that was already entered, there is another section that shows all the federal income categories and requires me to specify how much of each is attributable to the state in question. 

For example, Arizona has a line item called "Rents, Royalties, and All K-1s"

My question is: for that field, since I already entered the Arizona portion of the income from the schedule K-1 itself, do I need to enter it again in this field? Or will TT automatically add those numbers from the various K-1s later?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

When filing state returns, do I need to include Partnership income (loss) both within the Schedule K-1 and within the Federal vs. State section??

Check back. I'll page @mikeo9241 to see if he has any input.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies