Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

val_anne

What does it mean when your Oregon state return is "under Manual review"?

Nope still waiting and I filed over a month ago
hiker2424
Returning Member

I am still waiting I did call and they did say it could take another 10 to 12 weeks
lvilches

I was in manual review last year and I filed taxes January 20th, 2016. Oregon did not give me my refund until JULY!! but they did pay interest for holding it up. I also pay for daycare and had to provide all this information to them, bank statements, check copies, and even a statement from my daycare provider saying the actually watch my child. SO crazy!! I work hard and pay WAY more than my Oregon refund in daycare costs so its ridiculous that I have to do all this extra work. I'm even more irritated because guess what??...I'm in manual review AGAIN this year and I filed January 26th 2017. Thanks, Oregon!!

I did not file child care and I am under Manuel review as well!

I did not file child care and I am under Manuel review as well!
chace503

I did not file child care and also under manual review, previous year also used turbotax and it went smoothly. What the heck?!

I too am under manual review.  No child care,but do have 1 dependant.  same as the last 15 years!!! what's up???  I am so glad(after reading other comments)that I didn't have a manual review when my daughter was younger,I never kept my receipts,as I paid my brother cash to babysit .  never had a problem,,thank goodness.  but maybe because I made less 2016 and will get more back in state refund ,mine got kicked up for a manual review?? who knows..and federal will also be later this year, not cool!!!lol
handasmom

Mine is also being held for manual review. Nothing new on my tax return. But I'm wondering if they are being held up since federal is holding any that get the earned income credit to further verify.

I think Gov Kate Brown is stealing our money we so all worked hard for and fixing her messed up budget.  She lied about the Vets money and said she was gonna give them all this money and took over half back so now she is gonna steal from us who need this money to pay our bills were behind on and clothes for our children cause of this crummy economy
joe_23_b

Mine is also in manual review...!?

mine is in manual review also, for the last three weeks and I haven't received a single notice yet from Oregon about why or if they need any additional information. My taxes are legit, so bring it on Oregon... hopefully they wont hold my refund for seven months like a previous commentator said; that's just ridiculous.
Maybe their 10-12 weeks comment is about how long it will take them to get their act together and request any additional documentation they are looking for.

Was told and then after looking at their site, they are holding our refunds until 15th and all are under manual reveiw?
j_d_exter

15th of what? this month?
lvilches

This is straight from the Oregon DOR website "We’re holding personal income tax refunds for the 2016 tax year until after February 15, 2017. The refund hold will allow data-matching of amounts claimed on returns to what employers report on Forms W-2 and 1099. We’re still processing returns in the order they’re received, and refunds will be issued after the return information is verified."

That to me means they aren't even going to start reviewing them until the 15th and will review in the order received...so, might not see my refund until July again.

I've never filed state returns so this is my first year and it's very confusing. My children haven't even gone to daycare here but when I entered info about their childcare in FL it gives me a few hundred  dollars for the state return. Idk how I even qualify for it on account of us only being here 6 months and I've only held temp positions & I haven't received anything asking for more info yet but even if they ask, childcare was in FL. So in all I feel like I'll be drug through the ringer to get nothing bc I technically don't deserve it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies