Solved: What amounts or cost I need to enter for the solar electric costs, when my solar are lease with free installation? do i add the total amount annually?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What amounts or cost I need to enter for the solar electric costs, when my solar are lease with free installation? do i add the total amount annually?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What amounts or cost I need to enter for the solar electric costs, when my solar are lease with free installation? do i add the total amount annually?

It depends - If you are trying to claim an energy credit for the installation of your solar energy unit, then include the full amount for the entire term of the lease as the cost.

If you are trying to claim a home office expense for utilities, then just include the amount of annual lease payments allocated to your home office.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It depends - If you are trying to claim an energy credit for the installation of your solar energy unit, then include the full amount for the entire term of the lease as the cost.

If you are trying to claim a home office expense for utilities, then just include the amount of annual lease payments allocated to your home office.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings