Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sablefool
Returning Member

W-RA for 2020 for Wisconsin Taxes?

Allo there,

I live in Wisconsin, but work in Minnesota.  In years previous, instead of getting a "State Return Accepted" e-mail from TurboTax for Wisconsin, I instead get a "State Return Accepted -- Extra Form Required" e-mail from TurboTax.  Accessing the PDFs for previous years shows form W-RA, "Required Attachments for Electronic Filing."  This form indicates where to submit said form and required attachments electronically or by mail.

I also have filed my, retired, mother's taxes for the last several years; like me, she is also a Wisconsin resident.  Howver, TurboTax neither generated nor indicated that a W-RA form was required for her.

For my 2020 return, some of the questions asked and recommendations given by TurboTax differed somewhat from previous years.  Having completed my taxes, the next day I received an e-mail "State Return Accepted" for Wisconsin with nothing mentioned concerning an additional form needed.  Reviewing the PDF of my taxes for 2020, I find no W-RA form.

Is this an oversight on the part of TurboTax?  Or does Wisconsin no longer require the W-RA form -- at all or under certain circumstances?  Or could it be something else entirely?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

W-RA for 2020 for Wisconsin Taxes?

According to the state form, 2020 I-041 Wisconsin Form W-RA, Required Attachments for ..., you seem to need the form if in 2020 you worked in Minnesota and are claiming a credit in Wisconsin for the taxes you pay to Minnesota on your income earned there.  If you did not work in Minnesota, or do not have one of the attachments that are mentioned on the form in the link, then you will not need to send the Form.  If you suspect you do need the form, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies