Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stratobrad84
Returning Member

W-2c and non-resident KY state return

My company somehow paid taxes from my checks to KY (I don't live there) and NC (I live there).  I need to get that money back from KY.  My company recently gave me a W-2c, which basically 0's out my KY income tax (W-2 box 17) and State wages (W-2 box 16).  I've looked at filing a KY non-resident return, but by entering the new W-2c values of $0 (box 16 and 17), TurboTax makes my KY refund $0.  This makes sense, considering the state return forms pull the W-2 values from the Federal Taxes section.   There doesn't seem to be a way to break this link.  How do I get around it?  If I didn't have to enter the new W-2c values ($0) and could leave the original amounts, it seems like I'd get the full refund from KY.  Thank you to whoever has an answer.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

W-2c and non-resident KY state return

If your company issued a corrected W2 Form showing your Kentucky income and withholding as zero, then the state will not issue you a refund.  The corrected W2 supersedes your original W2.  You should contact your employer to see what happened to the withholding you had taken out of your paychecks.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies