Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

StanH-VA
Returning Member

Virginia State Tax Payments

I entered the Virginia state tax estimates to Turbo Tax all of which were done by the due dates for each quarter.  However, the state program is lumping the second and third quarter payments together and as a result a penalty for late payments is computed by the program on the return.  How do I fix this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Piling on to confirm that I am having the exact same situation.  I've gone into forms view and even tried adjusting the 2nd estimated payment date with no change.  TT is still calculating a penalty and lumping payment 2 & 3 together.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

The issue has been confirmed and is being worked on.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
StanH-VA
Returning Member

When I opened Turbo Tax today the program downloaded updates including Virginia state updates.  When I looked at my state return the program now ignores both the first and second quarter estimated payment in computing the penalty on Form 760C.   The input amounts and dates are still present and have not been changed by me, however the program has been updated but the problem is not fixed as of today (Mar 14).   It appears some kind of program change has been made but the form still does not correctly handle the estimated payments.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Since we can't see your tax return in this forum, and you are using TurboTax Online, try closing the program, clear your Cache and Cookies, and step through the Estimated Payments section in your Federal return again.

This may correct your State Estimated Payments in your state return.

StanH-VA
Returning Member

I am using the desktop version not the online  version of the program.  Today I deleted the estimated payments, let the return compute the result and can see that the form 760C correctly would compute a penalty if no estimated payments were made.  I then went back and re-entered the estimated payments i made, all of which were make timely before the due dates.  Again the program does not recognize the second and third quarter payments on  form 760C which is still wrong.  The program still has  a bug in it regarding  how the second and third quarter state estimated payments are being handled.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here for more details about this experience.  You will be able to sign up for updates as well.  

@StanH-VA

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies