Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Virginia paper return

Where are the instructions and address for assembling and filing a 2023 Virginia paper state tax return? Even if the e-file box is NOT checked, the only alternative is "I'll e-file later," and the "Filing documents only" PDF option includes the e-file form and instructions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Virginia paper return

On the list of Virginia forms (and worksheets) there is one called filing instructions, including the mailing address (which varies, in VA, by where you live).

Just press continue after checking I'll file later. 

At the "Print Center", click on Specific Forms.  Then check each form that you want to include.  

Virginia paper return

This is worthless - you only get the efile instructions even when you follow the instructions.  This used to be simple with a choice of how to file.  TurboTax is seems to be cynically trying to hide the information to force efile.  Shame on TurboTax.

Virginia paper return

I'm afraid I have to agree. Rather than helping the user who prefers to file a paper return, TurboTax appears to be forcing e-file.

Virginia paper return

Thanks. I guess that's what I'll do, but TurboTax appears to be making it deliberately difficult to file a state paper return.

Virginia paper return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies