Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmammen
Returning Member

Vermont form HI-144 error on line v

Dear Turbotax expert, On Vermont's form HI-144, Household Income, the interest and dividend income of the household members are supposed to be re-entered on Line v if the person is born after Jan. 1, 1958.  Turbotax is inserting that income if the person was born after Jan. 1, 1955.  If you delete it manually, it puts it right back in.  You can easily see the discrepancy between what the program says the cut-off is (Jan 1, 1955) and what the actual form shows for the cut-off (Jan 1, 1958).  I was born after Jan 1, 1955, but not after Jan 1, 1958 -- this income should not be included on Line v for me.  I reported this issue in 2021 -- my prior post is in this community -- but the issue is still there.  This cut-off date is an update that Turbotax needs to make annually, as it changes each year.  With this error, I cannot submit this form using TurboTax -- it would cause my property tax relief to be computed incorrectly.  I am not sure how to get this addressed in the software.  I am concerned that it may be affecting other people who may not have noticed the error.  I wonder if I should notify the Vermont Department of Taxes so they can be on the lookout for this.  I really hope that someone can please look at this and correct the error, and get this on the "need to update this every year" list for the Vermont state tax return.  Thank you :-).  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies