Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NVVT
Returning Member

Vermont efiled return- cannot save or print

I just finished e-filing and when prompted to save / print returns and forms, Federal was ok but could not see / save / or print my Vermont State return.  The  screen showed:

Vt return is currently unavailable to be printed or downloaded because some of the forms have not been finalized yet.

I tried to sign up to be "notified when available" but screen for TurboTax help returned error:
"Unable to load messageid No forms or products have been specified. Please close the window and try again. for en_US."   Successive tries all failed.

So how can I have e-filed a VT return when "the forms have not been finalized?" and how can I be notified when I can save / print the state return when the help site returns the error above?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Schedule HI-144 Vermont Household Income print on 2024-02-08

NVVT
Returning Member

Curious as the VT Dept of Taxes forms were all available on the state's website at time of my post.  I ran Turbotax update several times until finally later on 2/9 it downloaded the state update  and I was then able to print all VT forms.  But curious as to how Turbotax was able to confirm to  that my VT return had been e-filed several days earlier, but it was unable to print VT returns with report that forms were "unavailable."  Surely hope that all forms required were electronically filed, as there is no  extension for some of them.  And by the way the link to be notified when the forms would be available never worked.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The forms are different than what is transmitted to the state for processing.  The forms are the by-product of that data and were not available at that time.  

@NVVT

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies