Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to Electronically Submit Illinois Return Because Form IL-4644 Makes e-file Ineligible

I received a message from TurboTax stating my Illinois State return was ineligible for e-file because Form IL-4644 is part of the return. I'm hoping for your comment on the following three points: 1) I want to confirm this is the case; I can't e-file. 2) Also, wondering why this Form makes the return ineligible for e-file. Finally, 3) I don't recall being prompted last year to separately report sales from an employer stock purchase plan on the Illinois form. Thank you.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Unable to Electronically Submit Illinois Return Because Form IL-4644 Makes e-file Ineligible

this is from IL - can not e-file 

if there are subtractions except for social security income, retirement income, Illinois Income Tax overpayment, military pay, or exemptions

the IL-4644 is a subtraction that is not listed above

SonnyD60610
Returning Member

@Mike9241 - Appreciate the response, however, it's not clear to me "Why" E-file is not an option..

I am having same issue with TurboTax not allowing E-file for Illinois Return when IL-4644 is present.   Could some from TurboTax reply here and provide clear answer to this issue.  Thank you!

TomD8
Level 15

TurboTax software does not support e-filing of Illinois Form IL-4644.  See this:

Intuit App

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies