TurboTaxtax entered an amounton my New York state ...

TurboTaxtax entered an amounton my New York state return form IT-196 ljne 24. I cannot findmwhere this number came from.

Line 24 of IT 196 comes form Federal Schedule A line 25.

Schedule A does not have a line 25?

No, it does not anymore! The employee expenses and other things no longer allowed are entered in the federal section and the program carries them to the state, where they are still allowed. So, you did not enter anything in the federal? Are you itemizing?

Enter where in the Federal? Yes I am itemizing.

To enter Employee business Expenses:

1. Federal
  2. Deductions and Credits
  3. Employment Expenses

4. Job Expenses for W-2 Income

Once you enter these in your federal return, the information will populate in your state return since you are itemizing.

I have not entered any employment expenses on the Federal Return.

The NYS IT-196 Line 24 has an entry in the text field 'LOSS INCURRED FROM TOT            436336.'

I can find no reference like this on the Federal return.