Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax not letting me e-file HAwaii state return because of N-158 but there is no N-158

Hello. Turbotax is telling me I cannot e-file my Hawaii taxes because there is an N-158 form for claiming interest investment expense. I am not trying to claim a deduction for this nor is the N-158 listed in forms. I specifically entered "0" when asked about investment interest expense for Hawaii. I have been filing with Turbotax Desktop (PC) for many years and never had this happen. Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbotax not letting me e-file HAwaii state return because of N-158 but there is no N-158

Hi,

I encountered similar problem for the first time even though I claim investment expense every year in the Federal Tax Return. As soon as Investment Expense is removed, e-filling Hawaii Tax Return is possible with TT.  This is an issue that TT must address.  This is for sure a glitch and it has been overlooked for so long.  Whoever the moderator of this blog must take this issue to the programmers.  Aim to avoid this issue from happening at least this year the years to come. 

Thank you for the reply. I did claim investment interest expense on Fed as well but not on Hawaii-. I entered "0" in interest expense deduction for Hawaii and there is not an N-158 in the forms list. How did you "remove" the interest investment expense.

And yes, I've seen this same issue in the threads going on for years. Please, someone needs to fix this issue!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies